What's New in XMLwriter v2.7
New Features from v2.6
- Improved validation and transformation performance
- File dialogs have been updated
Bugs Fixed from v2.6
- Fixed crash on network reload that occurred if a file was
- Fixed crash on startup that occurred if Windows Registry
- Fixed bug with Firefox external previewing
- Included workaround for a FileZilla bug which changes filename
What's New in XMLwriter v2.6
New Features from v2.5
- Added “Enclose Selection” editing commands to Edit menu.
- Added keyboard shortcuts for “Enclose Selection” editing
- Keyboard Map is now printable.
- Added drop down toolbar buttons to Customization dialog.
Bugs Fixed from v2.5
- Fixed a problem with group references in top-level element
definitions when generating XML from a Schema.
- Fixed a rare crash when Recent Projects menu was empty.
- Fixed multi-monitor issues.
- Improved intuitiveness of Entry Helper behavior.
- Improved Entry Helper behavior when entering attributes.
- Fixed bug which made it difficult to enter numerical entities
- Improved handling of very large files.
What's New in XMLwriter v2.5
New Features from v2.4
- Improved XSLT Entry Helper. It is now easier to work between
xsl: and non-xsl: elements without switching options.
- Entry Helpers for XSL files now include HTML tags.
- New command in File menu called Reload. The command reloads the
- New command in File menu called Display Startup Dialog.
- New command on the right-click menu in the XML document window
called Split Element. The command splits the current element into two.
- In the Startup dialog box a list of recent projects and recent
documents is now displayed.
- Updated Xerces and Xalan plug-ins.
Bugs Fixed from v2.4
- Fixed problem when inserting an entity from the entities Entry
Helper which resulted in the cursor position one space too far to the
- Fixed problem when iterating through subsequent finds using F3.
The highlighted text was not always shown on the screen if the found text was
near the beginning of a line.
- Fixed dual screen issues on systems running Windows XP. The
Entry Helpers always appeared on the primary monitor. There were also some
problems with the Project View on some dual screen systems.
- Fixed crash when right-clicking on an empty space on the tab
bar and selecting Send.
- Fixed crash when using parameter entities in INCLUDE/IGNORE
sections in a DTD.
- Fixed crash when assigning a DTD/XSD/XSLT/CSS to a Read-Only
- If the line end encoding is changed, the document is now marked
as modified so that the changes can be saved.
What's New in XMLwriter v2.4
New Features from v2.3
- Error messages improved during validation and
- Entry Helpers now include entities
Bugs Fixed from v2.3
- Tab settings are now conserved after Auto-Format
- Improvements to Auto-Format algorithm
- Fixed crash when 'Show full paths in Project View' option was
selected with no project open
- Fixed TagBar crash when a URL was opened that was not a DTD/XML
- Could not switch out of full screen mode if last file closed
was in full screen mode
- When selecting 'Add files to folder' in Project View in a
specific folder (eg. Stylesheets), only relevant file types are now shown
- The 'Show Tabs for Open Documents' option would reset upon
- Fixed bug when re-ordering User Tools in the User Tools
What's New in XMLwriter v2.3
New Features from v2.2
- Error messages improved during validation and
- Entry Helper text now wraps around the current selection (if
- Full paths can now be displayed in the Project View
- CTRL-Space now activates the Entry Helpers
Bugs Fixed from v2.2
- Could not load an XSD into TagBar when a plug-in was active
- Implemented a workaround for some problems in the Xalan
- Could not add more than approx 20 files at a time to a
What's New in XMLwriter v2.2
New Features from v2.13
- New plug-in parser architecture allows native validation and
transformation using parsers other than MSXML
- Entry Helpers now allow selection from a list of enumerated
values where appropriate
- Error messages can now be copied to the clipboard from the
- User Tool outputs and Find in Files outputs can now be copied
to the clipboard
Bugs Fixed from v2.13
- Fixed namespace issues when generating XML from an XML
- Fixed problems with stale data after running a 16 bit console
application as a User Tool
- Fixed problems with re-opening a project on startup accessed
via a UNC path
- Enabled horizontal scrollbar in Find in Files output pane
- Fixed some issues with Schema to DTD conversion
What's New in XMLwriter v2.13
Bugs Fixed from v2.12
- DTD to XSD conversion incorrectly handled attributes with a set
of enumerated choices, when all integers
- Fixed problems with auto formatting of Processing
- Fixed crash when double clicking on an error in a document
from a URL or which had been deleted
- Fixed error "Schema declaration for namespace
is not found." when loading an XDR schema into TagBar
- Improved focus behavior of Find and Replace dialogues
- Added detection of MSXML4 upgrade and automatic activation
New in XMLwriter v2.12
Bugs Fixed from v2.11
- Fixed resource leaks in Explorer View
- Minor improvements to Generate Schema function
- Changed xml:stylesheet to xml-stylesheet throughout program
- Improved CSS syntax coloring, added X11 color names
New in XMLwriter v2.11
New Features from v2.1
- Added Custom color option in Format Options color picker
Bugs Fixed from v2.1
- NMTOKEN attributes were ignored when generating XML from a
- Improved handling of mixed elements when converting a DTD to
- Default values for some attributes did not convert correctly
when converting a DTD to XML Schema
- Improved datatype inference when converting a DTD to XML
- Fixed problems opening files in XMLwriter from Explorer on some
- Fixed some minor icon problems in explorer
New in XMLwriter v2.1
New Features from v2.0
- Added Ctrl Backspace - delete previous word - to editor
- Added Ctrl Delete - delete next word - to editor functions
- Added Find in Files command to the main toolbar
- New preference to select whether to display PCDATA nodes in
- Handling of recursion in DTDs and XML Schemas improved in
TagBar and Entry Helpers
- The current selection in the active document is now used to
initialize the Find in Files dialogue box
- Included new error messages related to MSXML installation
Bugs Fixed from v2.0
- TagBar and Entry Helpers sometimes crashed when handling a
recursive DTD/XML Schema
- XMLwriter would crash when generating XML from a DTD if an
element was referenced but not defined in the DTD
- MSXML4 is no longer shown in the parser selection option if it
is not installed
- Unload TagBar command was missing from TagBar context menu in
Flat layout mode
- Generating XML from an XML Schema inserted a DOCTYPE
declaration into the output instead of a Schema reference
- Cancel button did not work when browsing for a folder in the
Find in Files dialogue box
- Choices in TagBar sometimes showed an incomplete content
New in XMLwriter v2.0
Major New Features from v1.x
Version 2.0 contains many upgrades and new
features from v1.x. Some of the main new features include:
- Intelligent Entry Helpers to assist in editing documents
- Code Snippets for frequently used text
- Validation support for W3C XML Schema (XSD)
- DTD and XSD support in TagBar
- Flat layout mode and Tree layout mode in TagBar
- DTD conversion to XSD Schema and vice-versa
- Generate sample XML from DTD/XML Schema
- Easy assignment of a DTD, XML Schema, and XSL stylesheet to XML
- Ability to jump to any file referenced in an XML document
- Auto-completion of tag pairs
- Auto-formatting of tags
- New Tree View display
- Project files are now in XML format
- Project properties allow global or local override for XSLT
- New command to zip and email a project
- New and improved right-click menus and other GUI
- New Find in Files feature
- New example files
...the complete feature list